- These Media Accreditation Terms & Conditions (the “Terms”) apply to all accredited
persons (each an “Accredited Party”) and their employers / principals with respect
to any Karbonn Smart Champions League Twenty20 2013 match (“Match”).
- BCCI-CLT20 reserves the right to reject, at its sole and absolute discretion, applications
for media accreditation, without assigning any reason whatsoever.
- BCCI-CLT20 reserves the right to request submission of additional evidence of recently
published work in further support of any application for accreditation. Similarly,
once accreditation has been issued, accredited media personnel may be asked to substantiate
their cricket coverage by providing evidence of their published work in order to
Accreditation Terms for Media Groups
- Only one reporter/sports reporter per publication, and as recommended by the editor/sports
editor of such publication, will be given accreditation at a Match venue, unless
otherwise agreed. National dailies may receive up to two accreditations if there
is sufficient space.
- Only one reporter per recognised news agency will be given accreditation at a Match
venue, unless otherwise agreed. Only one photographer per recognised news agency
will be given accreditation at a Match venue, unless otherwise agreed.
- An open and flexible accreditation process will be followed in case of the above
clauses, subject to availability of space and at the discretion of the BCCI-CLT20.
- Only one pair (reporter + cameraperson) representing a recognised electronic
media group will be given accreditation, unless otherwise agreed. Access to a Match
venue with a moving picture camera on a Match–day will be prohibited and the cameraman
shall comply with all reasonable and lawful requests of BCCI-CLT20 in this respect.
- Only one photographer representing a recognised print media publication (national
as well as regional) will be accommodated on a Match-day inside the Match venue.
One more photographer from such publication may be accommodated upon request, subject
to reasonable availability of space.
- Accredited electronic media personnel will be provided with a ‘live’ feed of
the post-Match press conference. For the sake of clarity, no camera equipment will
be allowed inside the press conference room on a Match-day.
- Reporters for websites, radio channels, electronic news agencies, production
houses and representatives of agencies whose primary business involves the commercial
sale and licensing of images/photographs rather than the supply of images/photographs
to news publications for bona fide editorial purposes, will not be granted accreditation.
- The BCCI - CLT20 has granted sole and exclusive rights for monetization of real-time
or contemporaneous score updates from the Tournament in any manner (whether through
websites, mobile or otherwise) and any commercialization of such contemporaneous
updates or information is to the sole account of such rights holder or the BCCI
– CLT20. Should any Accredited Party provide such contemporaneous information to
anyone for consideration or utilize it in any manner for any Commercial purpose(s),
it shall be considered a violation of these Guidelines. For the sake of clarity,
this clause shall apply to any and all forms of media and communication services
notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these Guidelines.
Formalities pre- and post- accreditation
- Every application for accreditation will have to be accompanied by one photograph
of the applicant.
- Every application will have to be accompanied by a covering letter signed by the
editor / sports editor or other relevant representative of the concerned publication
/ channel, agreeing on behalf of the relevant media organisation to be bound by
- The accreditation cards will have to be collected in person by the applicant, at
the Match venue hosting the first Match that he/she will be covering, as indicated
by him/her in the application form, on or before the deadline specified in the application
- All reporters/journalists holding accreditation cards (approved to attend the Match
in question) will have to register with the Media Team at the Match venue on the
day of the Match.
- Persistent non-attendance at Matches that an Accredited Party has applied for may
result in such Accredited Party’s accreditation being revoked.
- Media personnel will be permitted entry to the Match venues on Match-days and practice
days only upon production of their accreditation cards. At all times while within
the Match venues, the Accredited Party shall wear the accreditation card and ensure
that such card is visible at all times, shall not tamper with or obscure the accreditation
card and shall return the accreditation card to the BCCI-CLT20 immediately upon
request or otherwise at the conclusion of the Tournament.
Accreditation Terms for Photographers
Terms relating to Audio-visual Broadcasting
Accreditation Terms for Electronic Media
- The Accredited Party shall not use his/her accreditation at any time, whether
now or in the future, for any Commercial Purpose (as defined below) except for his/her
publication or syndication service or, in the case of an authorized News Agency,
for their clients/customers in accordance with these Terms (save in respect of the
exercise of any rights which have been expressly granted by the BCCI-CLT20 herein).
- The Accredited Party may, notwithstanding paragraph 1 above and provided that
he/she is an Accredited photographer, originate still photographic pictures of a
Match for editorial use on or in print media, websites and within news services
such as syndication services and in the case of a news agency for their clients/customers
(i) They appear as still images (and not as moving images to emulate broadcast);
(ii) The still images are published as captured or with adaptation but without deliberately
removing, replacing or obscuring any logo of a sponsor of the Karbonn Smart Champions
League Twenty20 2013, a team, a player or at the Match venue; and
(iii) The still images are used only for bona fide editorial purposes and are not used
for any Commercial Purpose (as defined below).
- Photographs taken within the Match venue by an Accredited Party may be transmitted
from the Match venue to an outside agency for publication (by that agency or any
third party recipient):
(i) in printed newspapers, sports-related magazines, news magazines or other magazines
(only for editorial purposes) or only with the prior written approval of the BCCI-CLT20,
unless otherwise agreed;
(ii) websites may use a reasonable number of stills.
- Photographs of Match action or photographs taken at the Match venue taken by
an Accredited Party may not be used in any manner that suggests an endorsement or
“sponsorship” of the Tournament, or any team participating in the Tournament, in
each case by any third party which, for the avoidance of doubt, shall include the
use of any photograph in connection with, or in the same creative as, any third
party, name brand or logo (e.g., promoting the photograph as the “XYZ pic of the
day” or in any way including any corporate logo or other designation of any third
party in close proximity to the photograph (including within the photograph) or
in any other way that would in any manner suggest any association between that third
party and the photograph or subject of the photograph).
- The Accredited Party and his/her employer and/or principal (if any) agree that
the photographs must not be used in any commercial activity whatsoever without the
prior written consent of the BCCI-CLT20 (which may be withheld in its absolute discretion),
including without limitation in or on:
o pop-up, stand-up or other cards;
o advertisements, promotional and point-of-sale material;
o games (including computer games);
o websites (other than those websites that use the photographs for editorial purposes
It is clarified that posters in newspapers, meant for promotion of editorial coverage,
shall not be included in the above definition.
- Under no circumstance shall the Accredited Party and/or his/her employer and/or
principal be able to use (or cause or permit to be used by any third party) any
such photographs in any book where such photographs include (i) any trademarks,
logos or other intellectual property of the BCCI-CLT20 or (ii) an image of any participant
in any Match played within or at a Match venue, unless all clearances and consents
have first been obtained in writing from the BCCI-CLT20 and/or such participants,
as the case may be.
- The Accredited Party and/or his/her employer and/or principal will not knowingly
sell or supply any such photographs to any third party who intends to use any photograph
for a Commercial Purpose or Commercial Use (each as defined below) and the Accredited
Party and/or his/her employer and/or principal will procure the prior written agreement
of any third party to whom the Accredited Party and/or his/her employer and/or principal
sell, licence, and/or supply any Photograph not to use any such Photograph for a
Commercial Purpose or a Commercial Use (each as defined below).
- For the purposes of these accreditation guidelines:
“Commercial Purposes” include, but are not limited to:
(a) promotions or any promotional materials (other than the promotion of editorial coverage
of cricket Matches and/or series in newspapers, magazines and broadcast and other
editorial service, and point-of-sale promotion for such coverage as long as such
point-of-sale promotional materials are not sold or distributed to members of the
public and provided always that such promotional activity shall not be conducted
through mobile devices);
(b) advertising (including advertorials); or
(c) merchandising purposes, including all the activities listed in clause 5 above, as
well as animations, avatars and invitations.
“Commercial Uses” include, but are not limited to:
(a) subject to these Terms, any use that generates financial value to the person or
organisation using the content solely as a result of such use; or
(b) any use that in any manner that suggests an endorsement by or sponsorship of the
Tournament, any team participating in the Tournament or any member of a participating
(c) any use in connection with any third party or in any manner promoting or being associated
with any third party.
References to Tournament
- Only one pair (reporter + cameraperson) representing an electronic media group will
be given accreditation, unless otherwise agreed.
- Accredited reporters of News Broadcasters (as defined below) will be given a seat
in the main press box, subject to availability of space. Accredited reporters may
be accommodated in any other enclosure on account of lack of space in the main press
box. For the purpose of these Terms, News Broadcasters shall mean any broadcasters
registered under the category of “News and Current Affairs” channels under the Ministry
of Information and Broadcasting's “Downlinking Guidelines”.
- There will be no bar on players speaking to accredited reporters of News Broadcasters
when the Tournament is being played, as long as the interviews are conducted as
per the BCCI-CLT20 guidelines.
- The limitations on use of photographs on websites contained above shall apply equally
to News Broadcasters’ own websites.
- Accredited camerapersons will not be permitted entry into the venue on a Match-day
and will only be allowed access to an Audio-Video Distributor at the end of the
Match, from which they will be able to acquire a ‘live’ feed of the post-Match media
- Accredited camerapersons will be allowed to enter the venue and cover the pre-Match
media conferences and practice sessions on practice days. However, a ‘live’ telecast
of the media conferences and practice sessions will not be permitted.
The Accredited Party shall in all instances of publication or broadcast refer to
the tournament as the Karbonn Smart Champions League Twenty20 or the Karbonn Smart
News Access Guidelines
The Karbonn Smart Champions League Twenty20 2013 News Access Guidelines (“News Access
Guidelines”) issued alongside these Terms are incorporated by reference in their
entirety into these Terms. For the sake of clarity, any breach of the News Access
Guidelines by an Accredited Party, news agency, electronic media group, News Broadcaster
or any associated and unassociated third party acting on its behalf shall constitute
a breach of these Terms.
Enforcement of Terms
The BCCI-CLT20 retains and, to the extent required, is hereby granted by the relevant
copyright owner of content governed by these Terms, the rights to enforce compliance
by an Accredited Party, news agency, electronic media group, News Broadcaster and
associated and unassociated third parties acting on its behalf with these Terms
(whether by means of anti-infringement actions, legal proceedings or otherwise)
and with the copyright law in force. In all such cases an Accredited Party, the
electronic media group, News Broadcaster or any other person governed by these Terms
will not undertake any act to obstruct, nullify or obviate the rights of the BCCI-CLT20
under this provision.